The Michigan Value Collaborative (MVC) uses claims data to help hospitals understand variation in healthcare use, identify best practices, and lead interventions for improving care before, during, and after hospitalization. Member hospitals access the MVC data registry to evaluate trends in care utilization, re-admissions and post-acute care around 32 medical and surgical conditions. Hospitals can benchmark their utilization compared to other participating hospitals.
For more information, go to michiganvalue.org
- Engaged 77 Michigan hospitals
- Covers more than 80% of insured patients in Michigan
- Designated as a Qualified Entity by CMS’s Medicare Data Sharing for Performance Measurement Program. Expected to complete the final phase of the approval process by 2020
- Reduced Skilled Nursing Facility usage by 10.2% in MVC hospitals in conjunction with the Michigan Arthroplasty Registry Collaborative Quality Initiative (MARQCI)
- Developed a Heart Failure Readmissions Toolkit to reduce readmissions for CHF patients