Blood clot prevention
This collaborative aims to improve outcomes and safety for patients who receive medication therapy to prevent blood clot formation. Called the Michigan Anticoagulation Quality Improvement Initiative (MAQI2), participating physicians, pharmacists and other health professionals review data, identify best practices and share them with other providers throughout the state. For more information, go to maqi2.org.
- 41% decrease in ER visits for minor bleeds
- 100,000 unnecessary lab tests prevented
- Development of member and provider toolkits to disseminate best practices learned by the collaborative.
- The Anticoagulation Toolkit mobile app helps providers manage patients on warfarin more safely and effectively. The app also is a resource for patients seeking information on anticoagulation.
- More than 70 adverse events have been reviewed by multi-disciplinary committees resulting in changes to management protocols, staff training, referral processes, and patient education.